2008 Top 8 GPS
DC
2009-01-02 13:22:07 UTC
Well, according to Amazon's editors anyway:

http://atu.ca/Top8GPS
Ed Pawlowski
2009-01-02 15:39:25 UTC
Post by DC
http://atu.ca/Top8GPS
Many people will assume that top seller means top quality. What it really
means is tops in advertising.
TulsaOK
2009-01-02 21:34:59 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Post by DC
http://atu.ca/Top8GPS
Many people will assume that top seller means top quality. What it really
means is tops in advertising.
And here I thought it meant which GPS receivers sold the most units.
Silly me.
dtong22
2009-01-02 23:03:17 UTC
Post by TulsaOK
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Post by DC
http://atu.ca/Top8GPS
Many people will assume that top seller means top quality. What it really
means is tops in advertising.
And here I thought it meant which GPS receivers sold the most units.
Silly me.
Well. The stat only refers to gps receivers and the list seems to be
right. But all gps capable phones, pda, umpc and laptops were not
there. Really not quite relevant at all. Gps-phone users are
substantial in numbers and umpc-gps users are also catching up too as
far as I know. I just spent around $65 (tax & del included) for a
full blown Garmin 09 map and a gps. The gps entry fee for a netbook/
umpc users is peanuts .

Daniel
Lon
2009-01-03 16:37:44 UTC
Post by Ed Pawlowski
Post by DC
http://atu.ca/Top8GPS
Many people will assume that top seller means top quality. What it really
means is tops in advertising.
Or tops in cheap knock-off prices.

Granted, I may be bitter, having owned a SuperBetaED, on the subject of
the inevitable triumph of crap over technical superiority.
dtong22
2009-01-04 00:32:43 UTC
Post by Lon
Or tops in cheap knock-off prices.
OT
Consumers want the best and lowest price. Wallmartisation?
Post by Lon
Granted, I may be bitter, having owned a SuperBetaED, on the subject of
the inevitable triumph of crap over technical superiority.
I believe after SuperBetaED , there are SuperVHS, VCD, DVD, doubleDVD,
BlueRay..... I recall my SuperVHS was over $800 when new. Now the
price of 1T ext harddrive is really peanuts.
I would not say all the subsequent generation of video format after
Beta are crap

Daniel
sierra
2009-01-04 13:53:10 UTC
Getting to third place didn't seem to help Magellan.