What does the message say?
Charlie
2010-06-15 00:54:00 UTC
I have a Magellan Maestro 4250. When I am on an interstate highway, or
similar, and there is an exit where the far right lane leaves the main road
as if it is a fork in the road without the need for the driver to take what
might be an exit ramp, the unit announces a warning. It comes up at the
usual distances of 2 miles, a half mile and then a beep alarm at the fork
I recognize what the situation is by having noted what is coming up.

But I cannot understand the spoken message. Any help, please?

Charlie
PeterD
2010-06-15 12:55:35 UTC
Post by Charlie
I have a Magellan Maestro 4250. When I am on an interstate highway, or
similar, and there is an exit where the far right lane leaves the main road
as if it is a fork in the road without the need for the driver to take what
might be an exit ramp, the unit announces a warning. It comes up at the
usual distances of 2 miles, a half mile and then a beep alarm at the fork
I recognize what the situation is by having noted what is coming up.
But I cannot understand the spoken message. Any help, please?
Charlie
"Keep to the right on ???" where ??? is the (new) roadway you are
exiting on?

I've a 4250, and that's what I hear from time to time. You may want to
just take a friend with you some day and have them listen--I don't
have any problems understanding the prompts, except that the Maestro
does have a bad habit of not understanding that ST is the abbriviation
for street!
Greasy Rider
2010-06-17 01:01:01 UTC
Post by PeterD
I've a 4250, and that's what I hear from time to time. You may want to
just take a friend with you some day and have them listen--I don't
have any problems understanding the prompts, except that the Maestro
does have a bad habit of not understanding that ST is the abbreviation
for street!
I also have a 4250 and I wish it had an "Avoid Ghetto" option.

Greasy