See if there is a update for your GPS here
Carl
2009-03-21 02:43:47 UTC
http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust57/Prod_2/Articles39676/map_updates.html?
Who Me?
2009-03-21 13:56:08 UTC
Post by Carl
http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust57/Prod_2/Articles39676/map_updates.html?
And this is better than the Magellan site.......why?
Carl
2009-03-21 15:11:26 UTC
Post by Who Me?
Post by Carl
http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust57/Prod_2/Articles39676/map_updates.html?
And this is better than the Magellan site.......why?
This is Magellan's site. Its a link off of their check for updates page. You
must not need a update or you would have found that out :^)

I posted it because so little people know of this. I was at a mission
yesterday and found someone else that had no idea updates were available on
Magellan's site, firmware or maps!
Who Me?
2009-03-21 18:40:24 UTC
Post by Carl
This is Magellan's site. Its a link off of their check for updates
page. You must not need a update or you would have found that out
It is NOT Magellan's site; you said in your second sentence that it is a
link OFF of their site.

When I need to check for updates I go to Magellan's site and it tells me
there.
http://www.magellangps.com/support/
I just stepped through the process and it never takes me to the page you
provided.....at least not for my Maestro 4250.

Since that is an off-site link, there is no guarantee that it will continue
to be updated.
Indeed it would appear that it already may not be a part of the search
process anymore.
Carl
2009-03-21 22:51:55 UTC
Post by Who Me?
Post by Carl
This is Magellan's site. Its a link off of their check for updates
page. You must not need a update or you would have found that out
It is NOT Magellan's site; you said in your second sentence that it is a
link OFF of their site.
When I need to check for updates I go to Magellan's site and it tells me
there.
http://www.magellangps.com/support/
I just stepped through the process and it never takes me to the page you
provided.....at least not for my Maestro 4250.
Since that is an off-site link, there is no guarantee that it will
continue to be updated.
Indeed it would appear that it already may not be a part of the search
process anymore.
It is Magellan's web site. Every time you click on a link from anyone's web
page its a link! And can you not read, It says product support. Look at the
bottom it says ©2008 Magellan Navigation, Inc. All rights reserved. And at
the top is says Magellan Support.

Look at the very bottom of this product support page where it says powered
by noHold. http://www.magellangps.com/support/product.asp

Then look at the address of the web page I posted for the updates, it says
noHold.

http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust57/Prod_2/Articles39676/map_updates.html

Now, let me make this simple for you, go to this web page.

http://www.magellangps.com/support/product.asp?prodid=2156

In ask Maggie click on option I need the latest firmware update for my unit.

Do you see in the list of questions for ask Maggie where it says, To see
information on map updates for all units, please click here. Click on
it!!!!!!!!!

Then copy and paste that URL like I did to share with people that needed a
update that didn't know how to get one, it is called a link!!!. Then click
on one of those links and there is the available update for the product that
it is linked too!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nohold.net/noHoldCust57/Prod_2/Articles39676/map_updates.html?
Who Me?
2009-03-22 01:32:55 UTC
Post by Carl
It is Magellan's web site.
Jesus man, don't have a cow.

It was and IS not obvious that the two sites are legitimately
associated.........without going through a lot of unnecessary crap.

If you want to help people without confusing them, just reference the
obvious Magellan site.

Labels are easy to fake. I don't know who you are. The link you provided
could easily contain something nasty. If you are trying to be helpful, be
responsible about it.

Net users should NEVER click on a link that they are not absolutely positive
about. That automatically means you never follow a link provided in a
newsgroup.......unless you REALLY know the poster.

Do you understand my concern now? I don't think I can explain it any
better.
Carl
2009-03-22 14:05:51 UTC
Post by Who Me?
Post by Carl
It is Magellan's web site.
Jesus man, don't have a cow.
It was and IS not obvious that the two sites are legitimately
associated.........without going through a lot of unnecessary crap.
If you want to help people without confusing them, just reference the
obvious Magellan site.
Labels are easy to fake. I don't know who you are. The link you provided
could easily contain something nasty. If you are trying to be helpful, be
responsible about it.
Net users should NEVER click on a link that they are not absolutely
positive about. That automatically means you never follow a link provided
in a newsgroup.......unless you REALLY know the poster.
Do you understand my concern now? I don't think I can explain it any
better.
You are a idiot, stop playing with your mom and dads computer and go back to
your V smiles game! I know I can't explain it any better!!!!!!!!!
Who Me?
2009-03-22 14:15:25 UTC
Post by Carl
You are a idiot, stop playing with your mom and dads computer and
better!!!!!!!!!
Good rebutal, Carl. I expected no less.
Even if we assume that is true, how does it justify YOUR irresponsible
actions.
I quit. Pointless, apparently.
Jon
2009-03-22 14:18:17 UTC
Post by Who Me?
Post by Carl
You are a idiot, stop playing with your mom and dads computer and
better!!!!!!!!!
Good rebutal, Carl. I expected no less.
Even if we assume that is true, how does it justify YOUR irresponsible
actions.
I quit. Pointless, apparently.
Your taking a good gesture to far. I for one needed a update was was glad to
see it.
Jon
Irresponsible actions, shish..........
Jon
2009-03-22 14:25:29 UTC
Post by Who Me?
Post by Carl
It is Magellan's web site.
Jesus man, don't have a cow.
It was and IS not obvious that the two sites are legitimately
associated.........without going through a lot of unnecessary crap.
If you want to help people without confusing them, just reference the
obvious Magellan site.
Labels are easy to fake. I don't know who you are. The link you provided
could easily contain something nasty. If you are trying to be helpful, be
responsible about it.
Net users should NEVER click on a link that they are not absolutely
positive about. That automatically means you never follow a link provided
in a newsgroup.......unless you REALLY know the poster.
Do you understand my concern now? I don't think I can explain it any
better.
Can you not see Carl's other posts with what you call obvious Magellan web
sites, it kind of shows he's not a harm. This group is dead it was kind of
nice to see someone with some input. And it was positive!
Who Me?
2009-03-22 21:41:21 UTC
Post by Jon
This group is
dead it was kind of nice to see someone with some input. And it was
positive!
I readily admit that Carl had good intentions.......but the road to hell is
paved with good intentions.

What he did encourages people to develop unsafe net practices. If you don't
understand that, maybe you should take a good look at your own system for
viruses and spy-ware or bot-ware.

A simple "Updates may be available. See Magellan's web site......or
www.magellan.com even" would have been a kind and generous act. Posting an
entire, clickable link that bears no obvioius resemblence to Magellan is
just plain sloppy.
Ricky Jimenez
2009-03-23 00:05:35 UTC
Just a general question. My first GPS is a Roadmate 1412 and I have
installed the only update, Firmware 1.34. Since this model is only
about a year old, I don't need a map update yet. Does Magellan ever
have map updates? Are they free? Or does one have to buy a new GPS
every few years to get up to date maps? TIA.
Carl
2009-03-23 01:36:14 UTC
Post by Ricky Jimenez
Just a general question. My first GPS is a Roadmate 1412 and I have
installed the only update, Firmware 1.34. Since this model is only
about a year old, I don't need a map update yet. Does Magellan ever
have map updates? Are they free? Or does one have to buy a new GPS
every few years to get up to date maps? TIA.
No, you don't have to buy a new GPS for map updates. Maps have to be
purchased. You can get them from Magellan or from here.

http://www.autonavdirect.com/
Jon
2009-03-23 01:52:40 UTC
Post by Carl
Post by Ricky Jimenez
Just a general question. My first GPS is a Roadmate 1412 and I have
installed the only update, Firmware 1.34. Since this model is only
about a year old, I don't need a map update yet. Does Magellan ever
have map updates? Are they free? Or does one have to buy a new GPS
every few years to get up to date maps? TIA.
No, you don't have to buy a new GPS for map updates. Maps have to be
purchased. You can get them from Magellan or from here.
http://www.autonavdirect.com/
I just stopped in to see what was going on. I see you were just here. Well
be careful Carl you didn't post a legit Magellan web site so why me will be
crying its not a legit Magellan web site for maps now!!!
Carl
2009-03-23 02:06:09 UTC
Post by Jon
Post by Carl
Post by Ricky Jimenez
Just a general question. My first GPS is a Roadmate 1412 and I have
installed the only update, Firmware 1.34. Since this model is only
about a year old, I don't need a map update yet. Does Magellan ever
have map updates? Are they free? Or does one have to buy a new GPS
every few years to get up to date maps? TIA.
No, you don't have to buy a new GPS for map updates. Maps have to be
purchased. You can get them from Magellan or from here.
http://www.autonavdirect.com/
I just stopped in to see what was going on. I see you were just here. Well
be careful Carl you didn't post a legit Magellan web site so why me will
be crying its not a legit Magellan web site for maps now!!!
It just came to me, I remember who me from alt.satellite.gps. He was bull
headed about me using a GPS on my motorcycle. He dropped the subject when
others jumped in to tell him he was not totally correct. Everyone has a
opinion but he can't seem to get a clue. What I posted was in good faith, I
had other posts before this one to show my good faith. I did not just drop
in with something.

I don't see anything coming out of this news forum to make it worth sticking
around for. As soon as I send this I'm unsubcribing to it, have a good day
Jon, and please check out our web site. Its all about respect,,,,,,,,,,
--
Carl
99 FLSTF

"Make yourself sheep and the wolves
will eat you." -- Benjamin Franklin

www.patriotguard.org
Jon
2009-03-23 02:15:31 UTC
Post by Carl
Post by Jon
Post by Carl
Post by Ricky Jimenez
[...]
I know your probably not going to be around to read this, but just In case.
If your email address is correct, you have mail.

I've been lurking awaiting for some good reading and I too see this news
forum going no where. I'll check out the one you just mentioned I see no
purpose in lurking here anymore. Its a dead zone!

Jon
2009-03-23 01:55:21 UTC
Post by Ricky Jimenez
Just a general question. My first GPS is a Roadmate 1412 and I have
installed the only update, Firmware 1.34. Since this model is only
about a year old, I don't need a map update yet. Does Magellan ever
have map updates? Are they free? Or does one have to buy a new GPS
every few years to get up to date maps? TIA.
Save the web site that was posted in this original thread in your favorites,
then you are one click away from knowing when Magellan has a update for your
1412. I have it saved and I'm happy it was shared.
Jon
2009-03-23 01:49:27 UTC
Post by Who Me?
Post by Jon
This group is
dead it was kind of nice to see someone with some input. And it was
positive!
I readily admit that Carl had good intentions.......but the road to hell
is paved with good intentions.
What he did encourages people to develop unsafe net practices. If you
don't understand that, maybe you should take a good look at your own
system for viruses and spy-ware or bot-ware.
A simple "Updates may be available. See Magellan's web site......or
www.magellan.com even" would have been a kind and generous act. Posting
an entire, clickable link that bears no obvioius resemblence to Magellan
is just plain sloppy.
Its been more than proven that there was no bad intentions made. By the way
Carl posted the links that lead to the link he shared is more than enough to
prove his good intentions. Sloppy, only in your opinion you've been a pain
in the ass long enough now go away.