GoTo Problem with New Magellan RoadMate 1470
Dan Wenz
2009-10-19 00:04:48 UTC
Suddenly, I cannot go to any destinations via the address option. I
receive a screen: "Your device needs to be restarted to increase
performance. Please wait while your data is saved". Needless to say,
after restarting, I still receive the same message, to repeated every
time I try to go to an address. Any ideas??
Dan Wenz
2009-10-19 00:07:27 UTC
Post by Dan Wenz
Suddenly, I cannot go to any destinations via the address option. I
receive a screen: "Your device needs to be restarted to increase
performance. Please wait while your data is saved". Needless to say,
after restarting, I still receive the same message, to repeated every
time I try to go to an address. Any ideas??
OK, Googling, I see, at Magellan's site: "Magellan RoadMate 1470

Question:

Your unit displayed the following message "Your device needs to be
restarted to increase performance. Please wait while your data is saved."

Answer:

We have received isolated reports of this issue and are currently
working on a firmware update solution due to be released by the end of
September. Please check back with our website at
www.magellangps.com/support at that time, enter your model number in the
downloads/updates section and check for the latest software update. ",

So I'll continue with that tack.
Dan Wenz
2009-10-19 00:23:31 UTC
Post by Dan Wenz
Post by Dan Wenz
[...]
Unsuccessfully, as it turns out, so sent a message to Support and hope
to see what transpires.
Dan Wenz
2009-10-20 17:24:18 UTC
Post by Dan Wenz
Unsuccessfully, as it turns out, so sent a message to Support and hope
to see what transpires.
Nothing, so returned, got another 1470, see it has older ver. of
software, won't update until I hear from Mag. that the problem has been
"fixed".